Monday, September 28, 2009

Two Months Old

Summer is two months old today! It's hard to believe! She is a really good baby and we feel so lucky to have been blessed with two wonderful girls. Summer is already starting to show some personality. We don't know what the trigger is, but in the last week or so there have been several times that she has gotten incredibly upset when some people hold her. It's not all the time, and it's not everybody, but on occasion she will get very sad about something. I realize that doesn't sound much like a good baby behavior, but it really doesn't happen that often, and it's most often when she's beginning to get very tired. Bill or I can usually calm her down pretty quickly and then she's fine;) But when she does this, she has to most intense baby pout and huge tears. She is smiling more and more, and loves to "talk" with us. She and I can have quite long conversations when it's quiet and we're alone. I know it's way to early to think she has any purposeful movements with her arms, but if I didn't know better, I'd think she does. She has this silly little frog that I attach to her toy bar and it takes very little movement to activate him. But she just bats and swats at it like crazy. I know it's probably just that it's in her direct path of movement, but sometimes it seems that she really is trying to make him talk.
We don't know how big Summer is at this point, and her next checkup isn't until Oct. 7th. I do wish it was sooner...oh well. Anyway, here are some pictures of our adorable two-month old (I'm only a little biased you know).
Big-sister has to get in too
In trying to get Summer's sweet smile on camera, I got some silly faces...
Here it is.....

Summer and her froggy friend.

3 comments:

  1. I hadn't noticed before, but in those funny faces she sure looks like Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute girlies! Can't believe how fast time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I got the birth announcement, it was beautiful!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete